Traceability Certification SchemeSee all ACRS Traceability Certificate holders
What is ACRS Traceability
ACRS Traceability Certification certifies suppliers of steel reinforcing, steel prestressing and structural steels, and ancillary products manufactured, processed, or fabricated to ACRS Product Requirements and certified by ACRS (as “Approved Materials”) under the ACRS Product Certification Scheme.
Full traceability of products is directly correlated to improved quality and product consistency and compliance. ACRS Traceability Certification helps identify the root causes of defective products so they can be isolated, and any supplier issues addressed. It also helps identify if products are inadvertently mixed and dispatched to an otherwise unsuspecting customer.
Traceability is about providing assurance to buyers that the product they purchase is from certified manufacturers and is not from counterfeit producers. And, if product issues arise, then traceability helps identify the source of the problem.
Who is it for?
How does it work?
How to identify
Full Terms & Conditions
and Scheme Costs
Who is it for?
ACRS Traceability Certification applies to steel suppliers not already covered by existing ACRS product certification – such as steel traders, distributors, retailers, or component suppliers (e.g., bolts, couplers, and connectors) – who operate between the steel mill and the final steel processor or fabricator.
How does it work?
The Traceability Scheme validates the traceability of ACRS-Approved Materials from the steel mill of manufacture to the point of material despatch from each Certified Supplier’s premises. This provides a “chain of certification” for specifiers, customers, and approvals bodies from product origin to the onwards delivery of the Approved Materials, including any subsequent processing or fabrication by ACRS Product Scheme-Certified Firms.
- A supplier holding ACRS Traceability Scheme Certification may purchase, distribute, stock, or supply materials like, but which are not themselves, ACRS-Approved Materials, provided any such similar materials are not supplied as ACRS-Approved Materials.
- ACRS Traceability Scheme Certification may therefore be awarded to a supplier for its continuing demonstration of the supply of Approved Materials, and its separation of supply of Approved Materials to customers from any materials not covered under the Product Certification Scheme.
- The basis for the ACRS Traceability Certification Scheme is:
- Evaluation of the supplier’s quality system to ISO 9001, or equivalent for the supply of the materials to be assessed (note: ACRS Traceability Assessment is not ISO9001 assessment) to independently verify conformity with the ACRS Traceability Scheme.
- Periodic evaluation of the certificate holder’s quality system and evaluation of the suppliers' sourcing, stocking, and supply to the market, including (where appropriate) any subcontracted services.
- Analysis of samples and processes may be undertaken using statistical, or other suitable ACRS Assessors are expert metallurgists, experienced in steel reinforcement manufacture and processing, prestressing steels and structural steels manufacture.
- All data collected by ACRS Assessors is held in the strictest commercial confidence.
- ACRS Traceability Scheme Certification is given for the scope of materials supplied under ACRS Product Requirements for individual or grouped sites (where confirmed as subsidiary to the primary site, as defined by ACRS Scheme Terms & Conditions). All Certificates are valid for a period of 12 months.
- Any Standard listed on an ACRS certificate is the latest, published version of that Standard.
ACRS is a non-profit organisation and is fully self-funded. The costs of ACRS evaluation activities are covered by specific Evaluation fees.
|Certification Type||Initial Evaluation||Surveillance Evaluation|
|Excl. GST||Incl. GST1($AUS)||Excl. GST||Incl. GST1($AUS)|
Steelmaking and rolling (Certification Stage 1)
|Bar (DBIL)/Coil (DBIC)2||$18,000||$19,800||$10,300||$11,330|
Manufacturing, Processing, and Fabricating (Certification Stage 2)
|Steel Reinforcing Couplers||POA||POA||POA||POA|
|Steel Prestressing Materials||POA||POA||POA||POA|
In addition to site assessment fees, ACRS charges an annual fee for each certificate issued. GST is charged on all certificate fees, as the related services are provided in Australia.
|Certification Type||Fee per certificate|
|($AUS) Including GST|
|Technical Approval (Mill)||$3,300|
|Technical Approval (Product)||$1650|
|Processors & Fabricators||$990|